Monday, April 30, 2012

What is a TUSAL?

That's exactly what I asked myself when I kept seeing TUSAL
and ORT showing up on stitching blogs.
So I followed the Internet rabbit trail to Daffycat's fun blog :)
Apparently she has a "Totally Useless Stitch A Long" going on 
and you can join in at any time!
I love the idea and totally LOVE the name of it!
And every new moon
(don't worry......she has a list of dates)
you post a picture on your blog
 of your "Old Ratty Threads" or ORT's in a jar.
This kind of stitch along is right up my alley!
 Hop on over to Daffycat's blog
and join us for what she calls the Totally Useless Endeavor!

Today I wanted to show you 2 little finishes I did
this morning.

I added a tiny flower button to the little birdie
stitchery because the stitched flower wasn't really showing up.
I like the way it turned out :)

I added some large rick rack to my flag stitchery.
It's the first of my Patriotic pieces.
I have some more patterns picked out and ready to join
this guy pretty soon.

I just finished stitching Lizzy Kate's "Time for God".
I changed the thread colors to better match my home.
I stitched it on hand dyed pale blue 32ct linen over 2 threads.
And last but not least,
(and since I joined in after the last new moon)
I'm going to show you my ORT jar anyways :)

7 comments:

  1. How fun!!! Maybe I should stop tossing all the thread tails too just so I can play!
    You have been one busy little stitcher, missy! You are putting me to shame!! How can I keep up with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice :-)! If you are adding patriotic stuff to your shop I need to ask Reginald for a shopping budget. I would probably buy one of everything you create as your stuff absolutely ROCKS :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two finished pillows are just perfectly done Karen...I love them both! The golden rick-rack on the patriotic piece is a very nice touch.... Job well done! Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, they are beautiful you little cushions. Nice colours, nice fabric and stunning work! You are a real bussy bee :-) I love the Lizzie Kate pattern, they are so much fun!
    Have a nice day!
    Hugg,
    Miss t.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling pillows, Karen! Don't you love using the ric-rak? It looks wonderful on your patriotic pillow... And your new LK finish is wonderful with your color changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little pillows. I love the way you use ric rack, lace, buttons and ribbons as the embellies. Makes them very very unique.

    ReplyDelete