Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Look what I found.....

I'm working on some cute sock rattles and I needed 2 jingle bells (that I'm sure I have somewhere) so I ventured out into the garage to look through some of my crafting supplies. I opened this tin and found all my old embroidery floss along with these three embroideries that I did when I was probably 10 years old. My favorite Aunt & Uncle in Germany have 3 children, Maika, Norma and Sonny (Jr.). I was stitching these for her as a gift and for what ever reason, I never finished the last one. A few years ago my cousin Sonny was killed in a terrible car accident at the age of 39. He was survived by 2 teenage children and for all of us the void is still so painful. He was one of those people who always made you laugh and had such a fun personality. I find myself sitting here in tears at the thought that he's really gone. Having found these, I really want to complete the 3rd one and make them into a small quilt for my aunt. Sonny died shortly after Christmas and this is always a really hard time for them. I'm hoping that this gift will warm her heart and not cause her more pain.
 Does anyone have any insight?

\
Also in the box was this handmade kitty that I did about 15 years ago. I sewed her, painted her, sanded her and then painted the face. I'm going to list her in my shop and see if anyone is interested :)

3 comments:

  1. how fun!!
    There is nothing you can do about the pain.But it would be a lovely gift for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen you are so thoughtful :-)! You know that I am clueless for ideas for you, but I know whatever you decide to make will be unique, gorgeous and a total blessing to your family in Germany :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embroidery is darling and I'm sure it would be a treasured piece for you to make and your aunt to receive. I'm so sorry for your loss. Lost my beloved sister in law in a car accident 2 years ago, so I understand somewhat. We will always miss them.

    ReplyDelete