Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Love Story......

It all started the day my first package from Vintage Vogue showed up. Sure, I've made things out of felt before: the generic felt that you can buy at Michaels or JoAnn's, you know the kind I'm talking about. But this wool felt was unlike any other felt I had ever "felt" before! It's like this magic fiber that can be made into anything you want. Like the play-doh of the fabric world! I'm so totally in love with it! I have a container to keep even the smallest scraps that can be used for eyes or flower petals or the occasional owl beak. The possibilities are endless! Last night while the hubster was watching a movie with knights and swords and blood and killing....I was happily sitting next to him making this little "dunny" pencil topper. I think she just might put a smile on somebody's face :) at least I hope she does!

5 comments:

  1. *sigh* whoever gets the dunny is gonna be one lucky person. Dunny's are so special. It's so cute and those beautiful eyes are just heart melting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I wonder who's face......NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some teeny tiny stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    I had to share with you the devotional card I flipped over today, which made me think of you and your new endeavor:
    "Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully."
    From the looks of your work, you are full of love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dunny is super cute! I'm with you on wool and wool felt. I just love working with it!!! It's easy to work with and the possibilities are endless when it comes to creating with it. Like you I save every little scrap for future use. I need a better storage idea for my wool scraps though as I have them thrown in a big bag and have to paw through to find what I need everytime. Any storage ideas or suggestions?

    ReplyDelete