Monday, October 25, 2010

Pancake perfection!

I don't order pancakes when we go out to breakfast....ever! It's not that I don't love pancakes....because I do! But, I'm always disappointed by the "spongie" texture. At home I've been a Bisquick girl for years but they are a bit "heavy" in my opinion and they soak up syrup and just get soggy. I have tried making them from scratch but haven't been happy with the results. I was about ready to give up on finding the perfect pancake recipe until I found this one on allrecipes.com. Let me just say that I have experienced pancake perfection! I even add blueberries to the recipe when I'm making them for the hubby. I, myself, am a pancake purist. Pancakes + butter + syrup = perfection! Why would you add anything else? (I'm a peanut butter, no jelly girl as well ) So without further ado:

Fluffy Pancakes
3/4 cup milk
2 tblsp white vinegar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tblsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 tblsp butter, melted
cooking spray

Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with spatula and cook until light brown on the other side.
Top with butter and syrup and rejoice in carbohydrate bliss :)
Makes 12 pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. I have a no fail pancake recipe that i love, even though I am not a pancake kinda girl too often. hubby has a finicky pancake recipe where you separate the eggs and whip the white to stiffness.

    Agreed...peanutbutter No jelly!!

    ReplyDelete