Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday April & Gabriel!

Today we celebrated my wonderful daughter in law and my youngest grandson's birthdays together. Gabriel was born last year 2 days after his Mommy's birthday. It seems to be a pattern in our family. My daughter was born 7 days after my birthday (exactly on our wedding anniversary) and our first grandson was born 4 days before his Daddy's birthday. And with the promise of more grandchildren in the future, who knows which pairings will be next! About a year and 1/2 ago, I was reading Becky Higgins blog and she posted about a beautiful cross stitch angel calendar that her mom had made for her. As soon as I saw it, I wanted to make it for April. It's a pattern by Heart to Hand designs. I changed it a bit (I always end up doing that) and found the perfect frame with a hinged door at Michaels so she can open it and change out the apron with each month. I love the way it came out and she was really happy with it too. The older I get the more I enjoy giving gifts that have a piece of my heart in them that will last long after I'm gone. And for Gabriel I sewed his this cute little blue elephant "Morty". I sewed him some outfits too, but hopefully, the elephant will be a loved plaything for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment