Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Slight Detour


Yesterday as I was working on my hubby's Father's Day card I glanced to my left and saw the fabric that my adorable grandson David had picked out (at a recent fabric shopping trip with his mommy) for "Nan Nan" to sew him a shirt. And since I was plannning a trip out to Irvine to see the little guy today I felt a slight detour from card making was in order. So here is the little t-shirt I made yesterday. It took about 30 minutes to sew and cost less than $1.50 to make. The fabric is so cute it has cement mixer trucks and dump trucks on it. David LOVES trucks! There is a very cool discount fabric store close by called M & L yardage. I didn't have the ribbing I needed for the neck so I "recycled" the black ribbing from a t-shirt of my own that I never wear. Like my oldest grandson always tells me...."Nana, we need to recycle".

No comments:

Post a Comment